What is Leadership and why is it so important today?
There are many definitions of Leadership and many renowned authorities on the subject (Peter Drucker, Stephen Covey, Jim Collins and Ken Blanchard to name but a few). The one I like is from former US President Harry S Truman "Leadership is the ability to get people to do what you want them to and like it" People who are good leaders are more than just good all-rounders. They have Character. They inspire Trust. They see what needs to be done and make sure it gets done. While many of us are busy working "in" our business, Leaders are busy working "on" the Business. Questions they ask are: "What's New?" "When and how will this be done" "What help do you need from me to make that happen"?
What is Leadership used for in Organisations?
- To lead and manage Change inside Organisations
- To respond quickly to the needs of Customers or the environment
- To harness the potential and willing engagement of Employees for mutual benefit
What services Do I offer?
- Assessment of current Leadership capability and devising a plan to meet greatest needs
- Facilitate Teams and Individuals to align with Organisational goals and objectives
- Up-skilling Teams and individuals using a variety of Training formats
- Follow up Executive Coaching to ensure benefit is sustained
Thought Leaders in Leadership
Stephen Covey's seminal work -7 Habits of Highly Effective People is at the heart of effective Leadership. His latest work The 8th Habit explains the 4 Imperatives of Leadership for the 21st Century.
Official site of Mohatmas Gandhi the man without any formal authority who lead the liberation of India
The author of 'Good to Great' Jim Collins lays out the essential elements of success in Business, including the 5 levels of Leadership which enables this to happen
Click here to book your Complimentary First Session: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Alasdar Browne has undertaken a range of both Leadership Development and 1 to 1 Performance Coaching assignments as an associate for Harmonics. He has designed and delivered some of the modules of a highly successful Strategic Leadership Development for Senior Management clients for a major Dublin city centre Teaching Hospital. His high quality interventions have consistently received excellent feedback from our clients. He's especially skilled at taking concepts and models and tailoring their usefulness to be practical for clients. He's highly creative and resourceful and brings a lot of humour and fun to his work. I would highly recommend Alasdar as he always goes the extra mile for us and adds much to our success in large projects."
John Fitzgerald-Managing Director, Harmonics
"Alasdar has a unique Mentoring approach when dealing with business problems. You always feel he's on your side and understands the real issues and what new skills are needed for the business to do this on it's own. He's been great at getting us to step back and see the bigger picture. He does this by a combination of listening and asking the right questions. He helped our business decide on it's top priorities and stay focused on them to increase our top line sales performance. Working with Alasdar we have accomplished things that otherwise may never have been achieved. It's not that we are working harder, just smarter. We strongly recommend him."
John Brennan and Kevin Coffey - Directors Connect IT
"Alasdar has tremendous Coaching ability and excellent people skills. He has excellent business skills and very sound judgement. He has 2 unique and stand-out skills: Brilliant ability as a Coach and his understanding of how Leadership impacts Business performance. His top 3 characteristics are:
1. Impeccable personal integrity with strong team Values
2. Commitment to delivery of the end goal through Customer Focus
3. Ability to build and sustain high quality Relationships with key people. He's thoroughly professional in his work and is also a lot of fun to work with. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone seeking high quality solutions and a long-term partnering approach."
ex-Global head of J&J Medical
Johnson & Johnson