What is Coaching?
Coaching is a process of self-discovery. Many people are confused by the term "Coach" as it's so widely used. The first question you should ask is what do I need a Coach for? Then seek a compatible match. The best Coaches believe in you but don't tell you what to do. If the Coach is doing most of the work-the wrong person is leading. Coaching is fundamentally a Relationship, you'll know when it's working and when it's not.
What is Coaching used for in Organisations?
- To improve employees understanding of themselves in order to boost their own effectiveness
- To addreess and support areas of personal developmnent or working style that are difficult to do alone
- To improve performance for the betterment of both the invidividual and the organisation
How do I know my Coach is credible?
- If your Coach is not passionate about Coaching, it's unlikely they will bring out the best in you.
- A good coach should deal in essence and be able to tell you inside 2 minutes what they offer
- Your Coach should be formally trained, Ask about their credentials
- Your Coach should have current Membership with a credible governing body.
- They should subscribe to a Code of Ethics and discuss this with you up front.
- They should be able to explain what the Competencies of a good Coach are and describe their Coaching Process to your satisfaction.
- They should ably demonstrate what commitment they have to CPD (lifelong learning)
What key questions should you ask your Coach before you engage them?
- Who is your own Coach?
- Do you have Professional Indemnity?
- Who can I speak to about your work?
- How would you structure our work together?
- How will outcomes be measured?
- What is your fee rate structure?
Would we work well together?
What type of Clients do I work best with
People are people, we all share a common design. I work best with people who want to become more than they currently are and know they can't do all that on their own...just yet! What they do and where they work can vary:
- People who want to learn more about themselves and want to increase awareness of self and others
- People brave enough to be challenged in order to bring out the best they have inside of them
- People with the courage to engage with their own journey and the character to stay with it in tough times
- People who want to make a real difference in the world.....their own world.
What services Do I offer?
- I to 1 Personal Development programmes for High Potential performers
- 1 to 1 and Team Skill building to maximise Team working and overall performance
- Increasing Leadership effectiveness by understanding your Communication and Leadership style
- Managing Performance through Win-Win Agreements and learning how to build Trust
Click here to book your Complimentary First Session: email@example.com
"Alasdar Browne has undertaken a range of both Leadership Development and 1 to 1 Performance Coaching assignments as an associate for Harmonics. He has designed and delivered some of the modules of a highly successful Strategic Leadership Development for Senior Management clients for a major Dublin city centre Teaching Hospital. His high quality interventions have consistently received excellent feedback from our clients. He's especially skilled at taking concepts and models and tailoring their usefulness to be practical for clients. He's highly creative and resourceful and brings a lot of humour and fun to his work. I would highly recommend Alasdar as he always goes the extra mile for us and adds much to our success in large projects."
John Fitzgerald-Managing Director, Harmonics
"Alasdar has a unique Mentoring approach when dealing with business problems. You always feel he's on your side and understands the real issues and what new skills are needed for the business to do this on it's own. He's been great at getting us to step back and see the bigger picture. He does this by a combination of listening and asking the right questions. He helped our business decide on it's top priorities and stay focused on them to increase our top line sales performance. Working with Alasdar we have accomplished things that otherwise may never have been achieved. It's not that we are working harder, just smarter. We strongly recommend him."
John Brennan and Kevin Coffey - Directors Connect IT
"Alasdar has tremendous Coaching ability and excellent people skills. He has excellent business skills and very sound judgement. He has 2 unique and stand-out skills: Brilliant ability as a Coach and his understanding of how Leadership impacts Business performance. His top 3 characteristics are:
1. Impeccable personal integrity with strong team Values
2. Commitment to delivery of the end goal through Customer Focus
3. Ability to build and sustain high quality Relationships with key people. He's thoroughly professional in his work and is also a lot of fun to work with. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to anyone seeking high quality solutions and a long-term partnering approach."
ex-Global head of J&J Medical
Johnson & Johnson